Summer Registration- Registration for summer programs begins in April and is open for the duration of the program.
Pre Registration- Pre registration for current students is in May for a reduced fee.
New Student Registration- New Incoming students guarantee their spot by registering in June. .
▪ Tuition payments are due on the 1st day of each month. Late fees are added after the 10th.
▪ Tuition fees are monthly based (not weekly), regardless of how many lessons per month. Some months may have 5 lessons and some months may have a holiday.
▪ No tuition adjustments or credits are given for missed classes. Students are welcome to make up classes if possible.
▪ Upon registration, class placement is determined by age, physical development, and level of previous training.
▪ Over time, class placement will be based on class participation, attendance, progress, attentiveness, ability, attitude, and consistency.
▪ All placement decisions are made, strictly regarding the best interest of each individual student.
▪ Class placement decisions are at the discretion of the teachers and the director.
▪ Each student progresses at their own rate, and not that of their friends.
Classroom Etiquette for Students
Proper classroom etiquette is essential to the education and training of dancers.
▪ Be prompt. Late arrivals disrupt class and late student to miss warm up.
▪ If a student needs to leave before class is over, he/she must ask to be excused by the teacher. Please do so discretely so as not to disrupt class.
▪ No gum chewing, eating, or drinking is allowed in the studios. Water is okay. No cell phones during class.
▪ Always show respect to teacher.
▪ Eyes and attention must always be on the teacher.
▪ Be appreciative of corrections and earnestly apply them.
▪ Be kind to your classmates.
▪ When class is finished, clap and thank the teacher for class.
▪ Do not leave behind hair pins, water bottles, or clothing.
Studio Etiquette for Parents
▪ Students and family members must be respectful at all times to other students, parents, and faculty members.
▪ Profanity, gossip, and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
▪ Please remind your young dancers to use restroom before class, to avoid a loss of class time.
▪ Use cubbies for dance bags and belongings.
▪ Food and drinks are allowed only at snack barre and only during break time.
▪ Inform a teacher or front desk before taking a child from class
▪ Students are expected to be in class every week
▪ Siblings must be supervised at all times.
Dress code promotes focus and a stronger work ethic in class it also allows teachers to clearly see and adjust body placement, position, and alignment. Dress code basics are available for purchase at Dance Center.
Predance & Combodance & Tiny Tap
▪ Fitted pink Leotard or pink dance dress ▪ Tights are optional during hot summer months ▪ Additional dancewear: Ballet tutus, skirts, leg warmers, are welcome. ▪ Pink ballet shoes, jazz shoes 9 must be labeled) ▪ Patent leather tap shoes with no laces. ▪ Hair – pulled back away from face in bun, ponytail or braid.
Ballet level 1 & up
▪ Leotard- black ▪ Tights – theatrical pink ▪ Ballet shoes – correctly sewn ▪ Hair –in a bun
Jazz/ Lyrical/ Contemporary
▪ Black leotard or dance top ▪ Black form fitted dance shorts or capris ▪ Bare feet & Jazz shoes ▪ Hair – pulled back away from face in bun, ponytail or braid.
▪ Fitted white or black T-shirt or tank (no baggy) ▪ Fitted shorts or boys tights for ballet ▪ Jazz – Dance shorts, boys leggings or cropped sweat pants above the knee ▪ Black or white ballet shoes for ballet ▪ Boys should bring clean socks with them to class
▪ Black Form fitted top, Leotard or Camisole dance top ▪ Dance shorts, Capri or knee lengths pants. No long pants. ▪ Tap SHOES – oxford style, laced up, tap shoe. ▪ Hair – pulled back away from face in bun, ponytail or braid.
▪ Comfy, easy to move in (tank top, sweats) ▪ CLEAN Sneakers or combat boots ▪ NO BLACK rubber-soled shoes
Shoe Guidelines: If your shoes do not meet our criteria, it’s okay. However, we ask that when purchasing new shoes, please choose within the criteria. Proper shoes will be required for performance.